Screed grinding can be done quickly with the right machines - however, these large machines would be too expensive to buy for individual applications. The solution ? Rent a screed grinding machine
Large hardware stores or local specialist dealers usually offer the possibility of renting construction machines. This also includes machines for grinding screed over large areas, such as screed grinders or concrete grinders.
Rent a screed grinding machine from large hardware stores
Cost of renting a screed grinding machine
The cost of rental equipment can vary greatly. Our tips for working as cost-effectively as possible:
- Compare offers from hardware store chains
- Check local retailers for deals
- Only rent out the machine for as long as possible
- Make preparations to grind the screed as soon as possible.
Cost overview of renting a screed grinding machine
|Screed grinder large||€93.60||4 hours|
|screed milling machine||€120.00||4 hours|
(180 mm cup wheel)
Hornbach and Toom both work with the BOEHL rental equipment service.
|Screed grinder large||€125.66||per day|
|€100.53||per day weekly rental|
|screed milling machine||€132.80||per day|
|€150.00||per day weekly rental|
(180 mm cup wheel)
|€52.36||per day weekly rental|
Alternative machines for screed grinding without renting a machine
Renting a large grinding machine only makes sense if you really have to grind the screed across the board. Here speak of an area from 20 square meters. The following alternatives are possible for smaller screed surfaces.
Grinding the screed with an angle grinder is really a good way to grind smaller areas.
- For areas up to 10 sqm
- Grinds particularly uneven screed surfaces extremely well
- A 125 mm diamond grinding disc is required for €24.99
- Can also be used with an extraction hood for dust-free screed grinding
Grinding the screed with the concrete grinder
The concrete grinder can be compared to the angle grinder. However, you can use larger grinding wheels of 180 mm with this one. This allows you to grind your screed even faster
- High machine performance compared to the angle grinder
- More removal area
- Requires a 180mm diamond backing pad
- The concrete grinder has an integrated suction