Cutting or flexing stones is the best alternative to a table saw
Stones are used as a building material and in landscape design. In many cases, however, these must first be cut in order to use them in the desired shape and size.
The most popular stone cutting tool is a stone cutting disc.
1. You can cut these stone types with the Flex:
1.1 Application examples where stones are flexed:
- Paving stones for the driveway and parking lot
- Natural stones for a garden path
- Bricks as a retaining wall or bed
- Flexing lawn edging stones for garden paths
2. For these reasons, the Flex with a 125mm blade is one of the most popular stone cutting machines
- Quick to use
- Uncomplicated application
- Inexpensive tools that can flex stones round, mitred or just to measure.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors.
2.1 Other stone cutting methods:
3. Instructions for cutting stones with the Flex:
Step: Make sure the angle grinder is properly connected or charged. Pay attention to the correct attachment in the running direction of the stone cutting disc.
- Step 1: Place the stone on a stable, level surface and mark the cutting line with a scratch pen. Ideally, the stone protrudes slightly so as not to cut into the underlying material.
Step 3: Start the angle grinder and slowly guide it along the marked line. Make sure the blade is always in contact with the stone and keep a straight line of cut.
Step 4: Always hold the angle grinder securely with both hands. Use protective gear such as safety goggles and hearing protection to protect against spalling and noise.
3. Pay attention to the cutting depth when flexing stones
This larger blade allows you to make deeper cuts and make the cutting job easier.
The large flex has enough power to flex even very hard stones like granite.
Our tip: Alternatively, you can of course also cut your stones with a 115 mm or 125 mm flex diamond disc .
4. Is stone cutting allowed without water?
Of course, cutting stones without water is allowed as long as there is not a lot of dust . In the interior, the use of water is only possible with the help of a wet cutting table.
Outdoors, some water can be sprayed near the cutting point when cutting stones.
According to the Potrep construction machinery rental company, the wet cutter is the best option for uncomplicated cutting of stones with water.
5. Conclusion on the flexing of stones
Overall, the angle grinder is a useful tool for flexing stones. With the right preparation, the right tools, and the right safety precautions, you can safely and effectively flex stones to use in your projects.